Pursuit option for the rear?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pursuit option for the rear?

Post by Starkers11 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:53 am

Would it be possible to add an option for the rear line to be able to earn BP when the front line of the opposition is all de-synced?

Feel it will make GvG battles more interesting for the full 30 minutes as the fronts wouldn't just be able to sit back and protect a lead by staying de-synced and making the fight potentially a 5 (front line of the team behind) vs up to 15 (the rear of the team in front). I know all 15 rear members are unlikely to be active, but even 3 is enough to instantly kill any opposition who re-sync quick enough by throwing knives (which imo is overpowered and happens way too often). May just be me feeling this, but it was just a thought.

Would like to hear other people opinions, both pro and con this idea. If it is just me then fair enough, if it isn't then maybe something can be changed

Starkers11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pursuit option for the rear?

Post by Assassino on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Front 5 bear the force of the fight. Rearguard are back behind, otherwise it's everyone in front....
But when Melee is overpowered by a critted knife- that's crazy. When Melee has no chance to crit

Assassino

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starkers11 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:20 am

if they bear the force of the fight then why is it best in some fights for them to stay down?

Just feel the battles are becoming all out in the first 2 minutes until the fronts are desynced then waiting till the last 30 secs for the team that is behind to try to win it. Might as well make them 10 minutes long not 30. The middle 20 minutes is just waiting around time

Starkers11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboren on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:45 am

Totally agree with you Stalkers. Currently I believe the system favours the weaker team (which I'm sure many enjoy, but could lead to much frustration for others) This is how:

Strong team vs weaker team: Strong team de-sync weaker team first and are left standing as it is now open season for weaker teams backline. With crits flying all over the place weaker teams backline de-syncs front line of strong team. Because stronger team can take more damage the weaker team takes the lead when both teams are now de-synced. In order for strong team to try and take the lead again they 'have to' re-sync to pursuit. Only to have the weaker teams backline barrage crit them to pieces again. In the mean time, the stronger teams backline are worth nothing. Yes, they can pop a shield wall here and there, but its impossible to stop all the barrages that can and will come. Weaker team wins 9 out of 10 times (and I'm obviously not referring to huge strength differences in teams and also not to inactive teams)

Thus: we need something to make the backline of the team behind join the fight and not just sit there and see their team being helpless!

Roboren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starkers11 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:50 am

Good to see Im not alone.

I have been in that situation, both as the stronger and weaker teams. While I wouldnt say 9 out of 10, due to inactive guild members and completely overpowered teams, if you were to take those out then it could well be.

I enjoy being a rear player against a stronger team as your time involved in the game in significantly increased. If you are a rear member in a strong team then you might get one barrage in at the start then have to watch for 29:45 while other play the game

Starkers11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:38 pm

While I'm inclined to agree, I see the rear ability to run up the score a balance to the melee ability to one or two hit desync a whole front line. In the first 30 seconds.

I've fought battles where when I loaded into battle (after hitting the triangle as soon as the battle counter started) only to find myself and my whole front line dead. In cases like that having rear use this ability is one of the few options, that of resync only to be dead again 30 sec later.

To make the whole 30 min an ongoing battle where both sides have a chance the insta-kills and high hits from fl & rg need fixed, and the battle selection system needs fixed.

Yager (Ghosts)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:08 am

What about making Melee cost 30ap?

That way front 5 get more chances to score.... Instead of just being critted into oblivion, by an out of reach rearguard

Assassino

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top